Working student developer relations — part-time, remote, flexible
Please note: We only consider applications that have a cover letter specific to this job offer.
The funded and growing team at ObjectBox is seeking a developer relations talent.
ObjectBox (Techstars ’17) is a company on a mission to bring joy and delight to app developers. The core of our solution is a superfast lightweight, embedded database with easy native language APIs for Java, Kotlin, Swift, Dart (Flutter), Go, and C / C++. On top of the database, we’re building a data synchronisation solution (currently in Early Access).
–> Check out GitHub or the Docs
There’s quite some flexibility in defining the role and working conditions as well as lots of room to advance within the company depending on your skillset, dreams, and needs. At this moment, we are looking for someone that has a good developer background and a strong passion for developer relations and enjoys making developer products shine. This is a remote part-time position (5-10 hours/week to start with, up to 20 depending on skill set, flexible), ideal for a Computer Science Master student or a freshly graduated Computer Science freelancer.
This is a great position for someone who is looking to gain working experience within the developer market at the intersection of development, community management, and sales.
Interact with our users and customers, helping them to use the ObjectBox database and Sync. It entails supporting new customers along the way and providing them with more information when necessary. The associated tasks include:
- Respond to new inbound leads, helping them to set things up
- Reply to specific dev-related questions about our products
- Help maintain our community management channels on GitHub and Stack Overflow
- Improve our documentation based on user experience
We are looking for someone that is driven and ready to help us take our company to the next level. All of the following tasks are optional, depending on your skill set and ambitions:
- Developer content creation: tutorials, tech blog articles, videos, etc. – from idea to publishing
- Developer Marketing: Social Listening Social Media postings (managing the channels), SEO measures, website maintenance (update texts, new content, design)
- Pitch decks, (web) design, brand positioning
- Represent ObjectBox at meetups, tech conferences etc (you are expected to submit papers yourself; though we do help of course)
- You are currently pursuing a Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar; or have just recently graduated
- You have an affinity for mobile technologies, IoT, open source, or the digital industry in general
- You are proficient in at least one programming language (ideally C/C++, Java or Dart) with ideally some application development experience
- You have a hands-on mentality with strong analytical and communication skills
- You have very strong English skills
- You pay attention to detail and enjoy working diligently
- You are a team-player and fast learner who likes to take over responsibility and appreciates working responsibly
Nice to haves
- Experience with working in a startup
- Experience with speaking at tech events (meetups, conferences, etc.)
- Experience with tech writing
- Experience with GitHub / open source
- Experience with Social Media
What’s in it for you
- The chance to work in one of Europe’s hottest startups (check out our slush pitch)
- An easy-going and super-friendly working environment in a start-up that is growing, where you will be shaping the company together with us
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take over much more responsibilities as fits your skill set and personal goals
- Flexibility in every respect: No matter if you just finished your degree or already have a family. We are flexible and looking forward to design the job conditions and contract together with you to match your needs
- A job in one of the most creative and exciting growing industries: Mobile and IoT
This position is remote, however we’re happy to meet up (occasionally or regularly) if you live in Berlin or Munich.
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to receiving your application including a possible starting date and salary requirements.