C++ developer & your heart beats for performance and efficiency?
ObjectBox is a developer tool ensuring data is where it is needed when the developer needs it. The core is our high-performance, lightweight, embedded database written in C / C++ with easy native-language APIs for Java, Kotlin, Swift, Dart (Flutter), Go, and C / C++. On top of the database, we’re building an out-of-the-box Data Sync (think of it as a git for data; currently in Early Access; so far demonstrating great efficiency).
This role is likely a good fit if you have a passion for performance and efficiency and enjoy the challenges of distributed architectures and restricted / embedded systems.
- Work on scalable Data Sync using the most efficient technologies available
- Work on exciting new features for the core ObjectBox database
- Integral part: Performance and size optimization
What we’re looking for
Key skills and characteristics
- You are based in the EU
- You have passion for working on complex technical challenges
- You have prior experiences with multi-threading and concurrency
- You write clear, modular, maintainable, and testable code
- 5+ years professional software development experience in a relevant area
- Professional “modern” C++ skills (C++11 or higher, std library)
- You combine object-oriented thinking with a keen eye for performance
- Performance awareness for your code, data structures, and algorithms
- Deep experience with at least one of valgrind, sanitizers, or profilers.
We rely a lot on such tools…
- You have good communication skills and enjoy collaborating with other engineers; you appreciate being part of the code review process and sparing with your teammates on challenging problems
- Experience in distributed systems or database development
- Open Source project management experience
- Experience building developer tools
- Experience with CI/CD, automation and scripting
- Experience with git/github and release management
- Hands on experience with containers
- API design experience to give other devs a simple, concise and powerful interface
- Multi-platform experience (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows)
- Strong Linux experience (e.g. bash, server side programming)
- Security-related experience (e.g. encryption, hardening)
What you can look forward to
We create value
- The chance to work on complex challenges and leading edge technology
- Bring an awesome base technology into the world developers love
- Develop a highly efficient piece of infrastructure software that can have a huge impact on the sustainability of digital projects
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take as many responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- An easy-going and super-friendly, diverse working environment in a small, funded startup – so far, we’re all nerds
- Flexibility in every respect: We can adapt the contract conditions, working hours and work processes to your situation and are happy to give you the flexibility you need
- Adequate salary; remote work; occasional team off-sites
- We’d love to make you a co-owner, so employee shares definetely are an option
And now? How to apply
We don’t really care about formalities, so no need to overthink this; we just need to understand where your experience lies and how you would want to contribute. Code often says more than 1000 words 😉
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to hearing from you with
- references (e.g. a link to your GitHub profile etc. )
- possible starting date
- working hour targets
- salary expectations
Please write to join[at]objectbox[dot]io, or you can also reach out to any of us via LinkedIn or Twitter with any questions you may have any time.
We’re a remote-first company.