ObjectBox (Techstars ’17) is a company that helps app/IoT developers develop faster apps faster by ensuring data is where it is needed when it is needed. The core of this solution is our embedded mobile database which is 10x faster than SQLite. It also takes only 1/10th of the code (LOC) to implement. On top of the database, we’re building a data synchronization solution.
We are also the team behind the open source projects greenDAO and EventBus, which are used by 30% of the top-500 apps on Google Play. To give some examples: Pinterest, Booking, Snapchat are all using our prior libraries in their apps.
- Work on exciting new features for the core ObjectBox database
- Work on scalable data synchronization using the most efficient technologies available
- Performance and size optimization
- You are a self-motivated, result-oriented coder who loves to get stuff done
- You know how to think and move fast while keeping quality up
- You write clear, modular, maintainable, and testable code
- You have at least 5 years professional software development experience
- Professional C++ skills (C++11 or higher)
- You combine object-oriented thinking with a keen eye for performance
- Experience with networking
- Experience in using a database (SQL or NoSQL)
- Performance awareness for your code, data structures, and algorithms
- You grow in a team environment, and you help other team members to grow
- Open Source project management experience
- Node.js experience
- Experience building developer tools
- API design experience to give other devs a simple, concise and powerful interface
- Multi-platform experience (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows)
- Strong Linux experience (e.g. bash, server side programming)
- Security-related experience (e.g. encryption, hardening)
- Master’s degree
What you get in return
- The chance to work in one of Europe’s hottest startups (see our Slush pitch here)
- An easy-going and super-friendly working environment – so far, we’re all nerds ?
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take over much more responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- Employee Shares are an option
- Flexibility in every respect: No matter if you just finished your degree or already have a family: We are flexible and looking forward to design the job conditions and contract together with you to match your needs
- Adequate salary; office in Berlin, remote work is possible
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to receiving your application including references, possible starting date, and salary expectations at join [at] objectbox [dot] io.