C++ developer & your heart beats for performance and efficiency?
ObjectBox helps app developers develop faster apps faster by ensuring data is where it is needed when it is needed. The core is our high-performance, lightweight, embedded database written in C / C++ with easy native-language APIs for Java, Kotlin, Swift, Dart (Flutter), Go, and C / C++. On top of the database, we’re building an out-of-the-box Data Sync (think of it as a git for data; currently in Early Access; so far demonstrating great efficiency).
The role in a gist
If your heart beats for performance & efficiency and you love the challenges of distributed architectures & embedded systems, this really might be for you.
- Work on exciting new features for the core ObjectBox database
- Work on scalable Data Sync using the most efficient technologies available
- Performance and size optimization
What we’re looking for
Key skills and characteristics
- You are based in the EU
- You have passion for working on complex technical challenges
- You have prior experiences with multi-threading and concurrency
- You write clear, modular, maintainable, and testable code
- 5+ years professional software development experience in a relevant area
- Professional “modern” C++ skills (C++11 or higher, std library)
- You combine object-oriented thinking with a keen eye for performance
- Performance awareness for your code, data structures, and algorithms
- Deep experience with at least one of valgrind, sanitizers, or profilers.
We rely a lot on such tools…
- You have good communication skills and enjoy collaborating with other engineers; you appreciate being part of the code review process and sparing with your teammates on challenging problems
- Experience in distributed systems or database development
- Open Source project management experience
- Experience building developer tools
- Experience with CI/CD, automation and scripting
- Experience with git/github and release management
- Hands on experience with containers
- API design experience to give other devs a simple, concise and powerful interface
- Multi-platform experience (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows)
- Strong Linux experience (e.g. bash, server side programming)
- Security-related experience (e.g. encryption, hardening)
What you can look forward to
We create value
- The chance to work on complex challenges and leading edge technology
- Bring an awesome base technology into the world developers love
- Develop a highly efficient piece of infrastructure software that can have a huge impact on the sustainability of digital projects
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take as many responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- An easy-going and super-friendly, diverse working environment in a small, funded startup – so far, we’re all nerds
- Flexibility in every respect: We can adapt the contract conditions, working hours and work processes to your situation and are happy to give you the flexibility you need
- Adequate salary; remote work; occasional team off-sites
- We’d love to make you a co-owner, so employee shares definetely are an option
And now? How to apply
We don’t really care about formalities, so no need to overthink this; we just need to understand where your experience lies and how you would want to contribute. Code often says more than 1000 words 😉
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to hearing from you with
- references (e.g. a link to your GitHub profile etc. )
- possible starting date
- working hour targets
- salary expectations
Please write to join[at]objectbox[dot]io, or you can also reach out to any of us via LinkedIn or Twitter with any questions you may have any time.
We’re a remote-first company.