ObjectBox (Techstars ’17) is a company that helps app/IoT developers develop faster apps faster by ensuring data is where it is needed when it is needed. The core of this solution is our embedded mobile database which is 10x faster than SQLite. It also takes only 1/10th of the code (LOC) to implement. On top of the database, we’re building a data synchronization solution.
We are also the team behind the open source projects greenDAO and EventBus, which are used by 30% of the top-500 apps on Google Play. To give some examples: Pinterest, Booking, Snapchat are all using our prior libraries in their apps.
We are looking for a Developer Relations Manager to work alongside our engineers with our community. This is a unique opportunity for an engineer who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing tech startup and enjoys supporting developer teams. The ideal candidate likes writing, public speaking, and brings a good-natured and outgoing personality.
As a Developer Relations Manager, you will be working on our open source libraries with our engineers, communicate with our developer community through all channels and help them resolve any issues they may have. You will support the community with tutorials, updated documentations, and helpful tips.
There’s quite some flexibility in defining the role and working conditions as well as lots of room to advance within the company depending on your skillset, dreams, and needs. We’re still very small, so everyone is expected to do a bit of everything to keep the business humming.
- You ensure that our developer community is taken good care of
- You represent ObjectBox towards the community and the community towards the internal team
- You monitor and respond to community questions in a nice, helpful and swift way and update FAQs, threads, documentations etc. accordingly
- You fix bugs
- You add tutorials and articles for the community to support them best possible
- You document and analyze the community feedback in a structured way and suggest measures to best serve our community
- You go to meetups, community events etc. as applicable, present ObjectBox there
- You love working with people and enjoy being helpful
- You have a strong engineering background, you are a developer at heart
- You have 4+ years of relevant working experience and at least 2 years professional experience with (Android) app development
- You enjoy and have experience with writing blogs and / or community management and / or public speaking or similar activities
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy explaining complex technical solutions in a way that most people would understand it
- You have excellent English skills
- You are very open-minded and love to learn new stuff
- You have fun creating engaging online content
- You have completed a Bachelor degree
- Experience with WordPress or other web technologies, Confluence and / or bug trackers
- You have contributed to open source software
- Experience in working in a startup and / or as a Community Manager and or Developer Relations and / or similar role
- Database experience
- You have experience with SEO and social media from a professional perspective
- Proficiency in German
- You have completed a Master degree / PhD / MBA related to Computer Science / Engineering
What’s in it for you
- The chance to work in one of Europe’s hottest startups (see our Slush pitch here)
- An easy-going and super-friendly working environment in a start-up that is growing rapidly, where you will be shaping the company together with us
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take over much more responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- Flexibility in every respect: No matter if you just finished your degree or already have a family: We are flexible and looking forward to design the job conditions and contract together with you to match your needs
- A job in one of the most creative and exciting growing industries: Mobile and IoT
- Adequate salary; office in Berlin, and remote work possible; employee shares possible
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to receiving your application including references, possible starting date and salary requirement at join [at] objectbox.io