ObjectBox is a superfast, light-weight object persistence framework for iOS and macOS.
This is the ObjectBox Swift API reference. Also check the guides for general documentation.
Current version: 0.5.1 (alpha)
Most Important Types
Store: the long-lived connection to your data on disk.
Entity: protocol to mark your type as persistable by ObjectBox.
Id: identifies object instances in the database.
Box: main interface to persist objects and create
Query: conditional fetching of object of a certain type.
Please let us know your feedback
In order to become the most Swift-friendly persistence solution, we depend on your feedback.
Please help us and let us know how we are doing so far:
- Take this short questionaire (takes only 1 or 2 minutes)
- Add GitHub issues and
- Upvote issues you find important by hitting the 👍/+1 reaction button!
What’s Missing in the Alpha?
ObjectBox Swift Alpha is a developer preview. It is not ready for production use, yet! Consider the following limitations:
- No binary compatibility of your on-disk data with future versions.
- No model migrations: once you persist an entity with 2 properties, you cannot simply add a 3rd property. You have to reset the store (e.g. delete the database files) to start from scratch.
- Incomplete functionality: missing relation types, indexes, data observers, object browser.
- Changing the internal structure of the library to open source the Swift code.
Keep in Touch
We’re obviously not finished here.
Sign up for future updates on ObjectBox Swift.