Web Developement Internship
ObjectBox (Techstars ’17) is a company that helps Mobile and IoT developers develop faster apps faster by ensuring data is where it is needed when it is needed. ObjectBox is optimized for small connected devices. Our users are Mobile and IoT app developers. If you are not that technical, think of it as a Dropbox for app developers. Developers use it within the app to ensure data persistence. At the core of this solution lies our mobile database, which is 10x faster than the industry leader SQLite and only takes 1/10th of the code (LOC) to implement.
We are also the team behind the open source projects greenDAO and EventBus, which are used by >40% of the top-500 apps on Google Play. To give some examples: Pinterest, Booking, Snapchat are all using our prior libraries in their apps.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is studying Multimedia, Media Design, Business Administration or Computer Science or a related field with focus on Digital Media to be part of a fast-growing freshly funded technology startup. We are looking for someone that comes with the entrepreneurial drive to take our company to the next level together with us. The ideal candidate has experience in webdesign, website management, SEO, digital advertising, blogging, and / or managing social media accounts.
- Work on web projects like the creation of search engine optimized landing pages; build micro sites in cooperation with a digital agency (that governs the CI); edit graphics as applicable etc.
- Maintain parts of the website, especially the blog, but also add features and functionalities that may require some technological background (e.g. add an instant chat function)
- Suggest and create materials that helps us engage our users and open source community, e.g. interviews, banners, videos, animations, set up a live video session….
- Monitor and analyze traffic and conversion rates for any measures taken and adapt the strategy / materials (iterate and enhance)
- Optimize content and website(s) for search engines (SEO)
- You have a hands-on mentality with strong technological background
- You enjoy taking over responsibility and appreciate working independently
- You have completed your bachelor in business administration, Media Design, Computer Science or a related field
- You have skills in using Adobe Creative Suite
- You know the web development basics (CSS, html, java script) and how to use a CMS like WordPress and/or set up a website and/or blog
- You have first experience in analytical tools (e.g. google analytics)
- You have good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- You have very strong English skills and proficiency in German
- You have an affinity for mobile technologies, open source, or the digital industry in general
- Experience in working in a startup
- Writing / editorial skills; experience in content production / PR
- Experience in brand building
- An eye for design
What’s in it for you
- The chance to work in one of Europe’s hottest startups (see our Slush pitch here)
- The chance to become an expert in digital marketing and web development; we can train you and we are working together with experts in SEO, marketing, and digital web development that will provide you with tasks and feedback.
- An easy-going and super-friendly working environment in a start-up that is growing rapidly, where you will be shaping the company together with us
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take over much more responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- A job in one of the most creative and exciting growing industries: Mobile and IoT
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to receive your application including references, possible starting date and salary requirement at join [at] objectbox.io