ObjectBox (Techstars ’17) is a company that helps app / IoT developers develop faster apps faster by ensuring data is where it is needed when it is needed. ObjectBox is optimized for small connected devices. Our users / customers are app / IoT developers. If you are not that technical, think of it as a Dropbox for app / IoT developers. App / IoT Developers use it within the app to ensure the app end users always have the latest data when they need it where they need it. App end users do not need to care; they simply enjoy a smooth app experience. At the core of this solution lies our mobile database, which is 10x faster than the industry leader SQLite and which only takes 1/10th of the code (LOC) to implement.
We are also the team behind the open source projects greenDAO and EventBus, which are used by 30% of the top-500 apps on Google Play. To give some examples: Pinterest, Booking, Snapchat are all using our prior libraries in their apps.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is in the last year of a Master’s degree in business administration or a related field, to be part of a fast-growing freshly funded technology startup and work on a Marketing strategy from scratch. The marketing intern will collaborate with the founders and specialized advisers (all remotely, based in London, Hamburg and Stuttgart) on all aspects of brand and marketing. There’s flexibility in defining the role and lots of room to advance within the company depending on skillset, enthusiasm, and dreams. We’re still very small, so everyone is expected to do a bit of everything to keep the business humming. We are looking for someone that comes with the entrepreneurial drive to take our company to the next level together with us. The ideal candidate has experience with blogging, SEO, website management, digital advertising, and / or managing social media accounts.
- Work alongside the founders on the marketing strategy and implement it
- Monitor and analyze traffic and conversion rates
- Optimize content and website(s) for search engines
- Systematically test conversion hypotheses and traffic generating sources
- Conduct interviews, create Personas, do focus groups
- Gather all information on usage and users systematically and structure and analyze
- Research, analyze and prepare relevant market information
- Maintain parts of the website
- You have a hands-on mentality with strong analytical and communication skills
- You enjoy taking over responsibility and appreciate working independently
- You have already relevant working experience
- You know how to use a CMS like WordPress and / or set up a website and / or blog
- You have SEO and digital ads experience
- You have good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- You have completed your bachelor in business administration or related fields, and are ideally currently doing your Master’s degree or have already finished it.
- You have very strong English skills and proficiency in German
- You have an affinity for mobile technologies, open source, or the digital industry in general
- Experience with Confluence
- Experience in working in a startup
- Design skills, experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Master’s degree, ideally in business administration or related fields
- Writing / editorial skills; experience in content production / PR
What’s in it for you
- The chance to work in one of Europe’s hottest startups (see our Slush pitch here)
- An easy-going and super-friendly working environment in a start-up that is growing rapidly, where you will be shaping the company together with us
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take over much more responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- Flexibility in every respect: No matter if you just finished your degree or already have a family: We are flexible and looking forward to design the job conditions and contract together with you to match your needs
- A job in one of the most creative and exciting growing industries: Mobile and IoT
- Adequate salary; central office in Munich
If this appeals to you, we are looking forward to receiving your application including references, possible starting date and salary requirement at join [at] objectbox.io